This property was the first capital of the Saudi Dynasty, in the heart of the Arabian Penisula, north-west of Riyadh. Founded in the 15th century, it bears witness to the Najdi architectural style, which is specific to the centre of the Arabian peninsula. In the 18th and early 19th century, its political and religious role increased, and the citadel at at-Turaif became the centre of the temporal power of the House of Saud and the spread of the Salafiyya reform inside the Muslim religion
Located northwest of Al-Riyadh on the western bank of Wadi Hanifa, it is an ancient historical City dating back to the middle of the ninth century AH when he established Ghasibiyya (the oldest district of Dir'iyyah) Man` ibn Rabi` al-Mureidi, a relative of Ibn Daraa who owned the stone of al-Yamamah. In the Arabian Peninsula and in the middle of the twelfth century AH, the Imam Muhammad ibn Abd al-Wahhab, who was found in the family of Al Saud and in the person of Imam Muhammad ibn Saud in particular the best supporter and advocate for the call for reform and the revival of the Muhammadan year, thus arrived to God, the Almighty God wanted to make the shield As a starting point for a high-ranking state, Al-Tarif neighborhood is considered the most famous ancient district of Diriyah, which was the seat of the Al Saud family during the era of the first Saudi state. About 14 km, where the main wall was built in full height with a stone, with the use of rinsing the small stones to balance the large stones and covering a layer of clay lias.
Deerah Souq is in the old part of the city near the Al Masmak Fort. It's famous for its gold souq section. It has a plethora of little shops arranged in rows along narrow streets. Shops are organized or bunched together by product, so that shoppers can browse and bargain all in the same area.
It is located in the folds of the Tuwaiq Mountain range, precisely 4 km south of the town of Qusour, which is a long road for convoys that penetrates the Tuwaiq Mountains from the bottom to the top with a distance of 969 meters and paved with rocks and dates back to the Islamic era.
Ushaiqer Heritage Village
Ushaiger is a heritage village located 200 kilometers northwest of Al-Riyadh in the heart of the Najd. Ushaiger that means the “Small Blonde” was named after the color of a small hill that lays at the north of the Village. It is surrounded by a thick wall with massive towers and wide doors made of wood that visitors have to go through to enter the heart of the historical village. The village is organized into seven districts and has many palm groves and orchards that are beautifully integrated to the maze of pathways
King Abdulaziz built it - may God have mercy on him - after things settled in the Kingdom and with the unification of the country in 1351 AH / 1932 AD and the Palace is rectangular in width 30 meters long and 40 meters long and two floors high with a surface jacket built in the style of local construction and was used in its construction mud and soft and palm trunks and the like.
It is located in the old neighborhood in the center of Al-Riyadh, which is a tight square fortress with thick towers and walls, and this fort was associated with the heroic battle of Al-Riyadh opening by King Abdulaziz bin Abdul Rahman Al Saud (may God have mercy on him) the dawn of the fifth of Shawwal in the year 1346 AH / 1902 AD.
This cave is located 66 km northeast of Al-Riyadh, and many of the inscriptions on the front of its rocks have been reproduced by specialists from the Antiquities Agency, including about 15 inscriptions, the oldest of which dates back to around 2,400 years earlier.
Traditional Salt Factory
Around 170km north-west of Al-Riyadh in the region of Shaqra lies the Salt Flats of Al Qasab.A very interesting place to witness the production of raw salt from a vast area of land which is bordered at its west by the sand dunes of Ad Dahna desert. It is the primary source of salt in Saudi Arabia and has become a popular tourist destination where visitors learn about natural salt extraction and processing.
Al-Thumama is located in the north of Al-Riyadh, and its first survey was conducted in 1402 AH / 1982AD and it was revealed that the Al-Arid area (Najd) had witnessed an upscale civilization during the Neolithic period (8000 years BC) where the residences of the Thumama Settlement spread on the banks of stone and granite Valleys that indicate Excellent craftsmanship.